Challenge Mallorca triathlon rules. The race is held under the Spanish Triathlon Federation rules which are according to ITU rules.
Challenge Mallorca triathlon rules
- The Challenge Peguera Mallorca conforms to the rules and regulations as formulated by the Spanish Triathlon Federation (FETRI) and the International Triathlon Union (ITU).
- Participants of the event are insured by the generic accident insurance of the organisation on the day the participant takes part in races.
- For a smooth and sporty course of the event, we feel compelled to draw your attention to some important rules once more: Participation in the event is at the participant’s own risk!
- The participant grants indemnity to the organization against all liability and claims possibly resulting from participation in the event.
- The officials have the right to disqualify participants for reasons of misbehaviour during or in advance of the triathlon.
- Furthermore, the race directors have the right to withdraw participants from the contests for the laters personal protection, e.g., for medical reasons.
- The Event Medical Team will be authorized to make the final decision as to the suitability of a competitor to continue in the Event, and likewise if they should be withdrawn from the Event.
- No competitor may use any banned substances with the intent to improve their performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue, or for any other purpose. Doping tests will be administered.
- It is important for all competitors to exhibit good behavior and sportsmanship conduct, and to treat fellow competitors, Event organizers, volunteers, and contractors with courtesy and respect. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any time before, during, or after the Event.
- If a competitor withdraws from the Event, they must inform the course officials of their withdrawal immediately. Any competitor failing to do so and being the subject of a resulting search and rescue operation will incur all costs relating to this exercise if they are found to be in their accommodation or other safe place.
- CHALLENGE PEGUERA MALLORCA reserves the right to alter rules, regulations, Event courses, and venues at any time, provided that athletes are advised prior to the Event, or if such a change is in the interest of the competitor’s safety.
- CHALLENGE PEGUERA MALLORCA competitors may not compete with a bare torso.
- Each competitor must be familiar with the entire course and it is their responsibility to follow the correct route.
- In case of bad weather conditions, CHALLENGE PEGUERA MALLORCA reserves the right to convert the Event to duathlon status in the interest of competitor’s safety, but will not be held liable for any loss as a result of such a decision. If the conditions are still deemed to be unsafe to hold a duathlon, CHALLENGE PEGUERA MALLORCA has sole discretion and may cancel the Event without obligation to refund entry fees.
- CHALLENGE PEGUERA MALLORCA may test any athlete for the use of a prohibited substance at its own discretion. A positive test will result in disqualification.
- Prize money shall not be paid out until all drug-testing results are confirmed.
- Prize money (€19,000 in total) will be paid as follows:1st: €3,500, 2nd: €2,100, 3rd: €1,400, 4th: €1,150, 5th: €850, 6th: €500.
- Prize money applies to individual Pro Men’s and individual Pro Women’s fields only. Provided race numbers must be visible at all times throughout the race.
- All athletes must register during the allocated times and attend the compulsory race briefing. All individuals and teams must rack their bicycles during the allocated times – there will be no exceptions to this rule. The Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify anyone not adhering to these rules.
Challenge Mallorca triathlon rules briefing (swim)
- Compulsory gear includes a wetsuit and swim cap (cap provided). This may be altered or added to at the Race briefing subject to the water conditions, temperature, and swim course/distance (at the Event organizer’s absolute discretion).
- No fins, paddles, snorkels, flotation devices of any kind are permitted.
- Swim goggles or face masks may be worn.
- The swim course will start at 9 h and will be closed at 10.35 h for individuals and teams.
- When you’re training on the course immediately prior to the event, brightly colored swim caps must be worn for you own safety. Anyone reported swimming without a brightly colored cap may be disqualified from the race.
- Event organizers have the right to change the location of the swim course, the distance of the swim course, or cancel the swim course (at their absolute discretion) taking into account the weather, water temperature, and general water conditions.
Challenge Mallorca triathlon rules bike (briefing)
- No drafting is permitted. The cycle draft zone is a 12 meter long by three meter wide rectangle between the front edge of the leading cycle and the front edge of the following cycle, extending each side of the cycle by 1.5 meter, measured from the leading edge of the front wheel. Another athlete has 20 seconds to pass through that zone. Furthermore, once an athlete has passed they have 5 seconds to drop back out of the draft zone.
- Race numbers must not be altered in size or appearance, and must be worn on the back during the bike legs.
- Helmets must be secured by the chin strap before taking the bike from the rack, and must remain fastened until the cyclist has dismounted the bike and returned it to its rack.
- No individual support is allowed. The bike course is closed to all supporter traffic and no competitor may seek or receive outside help from spectators, members of the public, or any third party with the exception of the official technical support crew or within the indicated coach stations.
- Each participant is responsible for the state or repair of his/her own bike. Bikes must have been serviced within three weeks of the event and be in a safe and roadworthy condition. Assistance by anyone will be grounds for immediate disqualification. This disallows the use of spare wheels and back-up bikes and requires that each competitor be prepared to handle any possible mechanical malfunction. All bikes must undergo a compulsory check by the official technical support in the lead up to the race or at registration. Only checked bikes will be allowed into transition.
- Cyclists are expected to heed directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities. Participants may run/walk with their bike if necessary.
- Competitors must keep as far to the right as is practically possible at all times, and pass others on the left and must obey all traffic laws, traffic regulations, and the directions of Event officials and the Police.
- The penalty for drafting, dangerous riding or unsportsmanlike conduct will be determined by the race official and can result in disqualification.
- The bike course will close for all competitors at 2.30 pm at the KM 75 (cut off time 1) and at 3.15 pm at T1&T2 area (cut off time 2).
- Event organizers have the right to change the location of the bike course or the distance of the bike course (at their absolute discretion) and taking into account the weather and course conditions.
Challenge Mallorca triathlon rules run (briefing)
- Competitors must not alter the size or appearance of the race number, and must wear it clearly and visibly on their chest during the run legs.
- Slower competitors must keep to the right while other competitors overtake on the left.
- No individual support vehicles or non-participant escort runners or cyclists are allowed. Friends, family members, coaches, or supporters of any type may not bike, drive or run alongside competitors, may not pass food or other items to competitors and should be warned to stay completely clear of all participants to avoid the disqualification of a participant. Runners are expected to follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities. Outside assistance is strictly forbidden and the size and nature of penalties for such an offense are at the sole discretion of the Event Director and Race Referee.
- Competitors must obey all traffic laws, traffic regulations, and the directions of Event officials and the Police.
- The run course will close for all competitors, both teams and individuals, at 6.10 pm. Event organizers reserve the right to remove from the course competitors who do not complete the race by this cut-off time.
- Event organizers have the right to change the location of the run course or the distance of the run course (at their absolute discretion) and taking into account the weather and course conditions.